Monday, July 13, 2020

Guest: Jemi Fraser and the Bloo Moose Romances

With the release of Jemi Fraser's Bloo Moose Romances, I invited her to my blog and asked, Why did you choose to release all three at once, and how long did it take you to write them? 

Take it away, Jemi!
--

Thanks so much for having me on your blog, Lynda!

Releasing three books at the same time is a little nuts. Or, so people keep telling me! So, why did I do it?

For the past couple of years, I’ve been working on these books like a game of leap frog…
Draft Book 1
Draft Book 2
Decide to learn to outline
Outline Book 1
Revise Book 1
Outline Book 3
Draft Book 3
Outline Book 2
Revise Book 1
Revise Book 2
Revise Book 3

Somewhere in there I also outlined and drafted Book 5. Book 4 has about half an outline and is about 1/4 drafted.

At some point, I started thinking of the first three books as a set and then they ended up being ready at more or less the same time.

I could have released the three books a month apart and that probably would have been wiser for marketing purposes, but the idea was daunting. Easier emotionally to just jump in with both feet and get them out there.

Plus, it stops me fiddling with the details and allows me to turn my attention to poor Gage and Rebecca in Book 4. They’ve been waiting a long time!


Welcome to Bloo Moose, Vermont where love is worth the risk! Small-town contemporary romance with an element of suspense. Each book is a stand-alone.

Reaching For Normal
She’s no damsel in distress. He’s no Prince Charming. But if they don’t team up it won’t be only wolves that’ll be dying.
Amazon.com. Amazon.ca. Apple. Kobo. Google Play.
Barnes and Noble. Goodreads. Bookbub

Reaching For Risks
One Reno List for the B&B. One Risk List for herself. One sexy retailer who should be the last one she wants.
Amazon.com. Amazon.ca. Apple. Kobo. Google Play
Barnes and Noble. Goodreads. Bookbub

Reaching For Everything
Love means nothing in tennis. Can he prove to her that love means everything in life?
Amazon.com. Amazon.ca. Apple. Kobo. Google Play
Barnes and Noble. Goodreads. Bookbub


Jemi Fraser writes both fiction and nonfiction. Her nonfiction work focuses on the ways that dementia has impacted her family. Her fiction work varies from contemporary romance to suspense and flash fiction. Years as a teacher have taught Jemi that life is short and that happy endings are a must.

Jemi lives in Northern Ontario, Canada where snow is always a topic of conversation and the autumn leaves make everything better.

Website, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, BookBub, Goodreads, Just Jemi blog

28 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We don't want any fiddling!
Congratulations on just going for it, Jemi.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Three at once is a big jump. I spread my 5 out over a year, but they were almost all done at the same time.

Mason Canyon said...

I'm glad you decided to do all 3 at once. They were fun to read as a set and now I can't wait for Books 4 and 5. A huge congratulations Jemi, well deserved!!

Natalie Aguirre said...

That's very impressive that you wrote three at a time. A huge congrats, Jemi!

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks, Alex - the fiddling is difficult to stop! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Good for you - and probably a good idea! :P

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks, Mason! I'm so glad you enjoyed them!!

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks, Natalie! The good old Tigger Brain does like to have options!

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks so much for hosting Bloo Moose today, Lynda!! I so appreciate all of your support!

Computer Tutor said...

Amazing--"like a game of leapfrog". I am just not organized enough for that. I'd be mixing up the pieces. Interesting interview, Jemi.

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks, Jacqui! I think my good old Tigger Brain likes the bouncy aspects of leap-frog! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Exactly! I just hope readers want to keep reading! And that I can get #4 out in the fall!

Lynn J Simpson said...

Jumping in and getting them all three out there at the same time sounds great to me! Congratulations Jemi!

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks so much, Lynn! It's either a great strategy or completely crazy - time will tell! :)

Yolanda Renée said...

In my eyes you're a Rock Star!
Love it and all the books, can't wait for #4

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks so much, Yolanda!!! You're awesome!
Gage and Rebecca are in some trouble right now... but I'm sure they'll figure it out!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Yeah, having them all done before release is a good idea. The pressure to get them done during release is way too high.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

You are most welcome, Jemi

Denise Covey said...

So excited for you Jemi. I think I'll feed mine out every month or so (AMZ suggests 90 days). But that's if I can ever stop fiddling! Hey, it's got to be perfect, right?

Denise Covey said...

And hi Lyn! Thanks for hosting Jemi!

Jemi Fraser said...

I think you're on the right track! For charts and lists, having one every couple of months is a smart idea! Looking forward to your releases

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Hi Denise!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynda and Jemi - gosh three books at once - but I can see why you decided to close off and publish ... leaving yourself free to continue with Gage and Rebecca in Book 4 ... and more. Congratulations - take care - Hilary

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

It was a good decision and I hope Jemi is seeing lots of success.

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks, Hilary and Lynda! Gage & Rebecca are finally telling me their story so I think it's worked!

DMS said...

Congratulations to Jemi! I can't even imagine releasing 3 books at once. These look and sound great. Wishing her the best of luck! :)
~Jess

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I love that Jemi is releasing them all at once. It's a lot of work, but I'm sure it will be worth it for her.

Jemi Fraser said...

LOL - yes, more than a few people have implied I might be a little nuts! It's definitely worth it though, I wanted readers to be able to have 'more' quickly if they are so inclined!