Insecure Writer'sSupport Group. To learn more about the group, check out our resource-filled website, or to join us, click HERE.
Many of the questions below are sure to trigger a mountain of insecurities in writers, or worse, trigger the beast within us. My advice is to avoid these questions at all cost.
- Why haven't you finished writing that novel yet?
- Can I be in your book?
- Why aren't you published yet?
- Have you thought of a different career path?
- Why don't you publish that first story you ever wrote?
- How good is it doing nothing all day?
- Can I tell you my great story idea?
- How much money do you make?
- Do people even read these days?
- When are you going to get a real job?
And the bonus question:
- Can I interrupt you for a second?
If you've been asked any of these questions, what's been your reaction? What are some other questions you'd like avoided?
The IWSG Facebook group has started 'News & Promo Saturday' when all members are encouraged to post one promotion about their book or share some great news with the group.
Photo: I got a new camera with an awesome macro for Christmas. You should've seen me in the hardware store taking photos of all the bits n pieces. Amok, amok, amok!