East for Green Eyes a huge thank you for this award. To accept it I’m meant to list 10 things I like (not love – I cheated a little) so I thought I’d turn it into a writing theme.
1. I like that writing gives me a means of expression and a purpose.
2. I like when my writing flows and the story takes on a life of its own. I’m merely a conduit for the words.
3. I like when others get something out of my stories. It makes me feel like I’ve done something right.
4. I like things of quality – in terms of writing, that means I like the end result when hard work means a powerful plot, strong characters, attention to detail, correct grammar.
5. I like sitting at the local coffee shop early on a Sunday morning. I watch people go by while I write snippets of blog posts or stories.
6. I like to travel to new and wondrous worlds through my writing.
7. I like to explore the inner workings of people through my characters.
8. I like the power of the imagination. Without it writers wouldn’t exist.
9. I like words. I like their magic, their simplicity, their complexity.
10. I like the satisfying feeling of typing The End on a finished manuscript.
What are some things you like about writing?
I’m supposed to pass this award on to ten people, but how about five…