This award comes with the following rules:
1. Thank the person who loved me enough to bestow this gift.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Bestow this honour onto 15 newly discovered or followed bloggers – in no particular order – who are fantastic in some way.
4. Drop by and let my fifteen friends know I love them.
Since this is a writing blog and I try to keep as much to the theme as possible, I thought I’d share seven random tips I’ve learned about writing:
- Don’t worry about the technicalities of writing. Don’t stress about correctness. Just write. Then edit.
- Every writer, established, famous, or new, will experience writer’s block. Don’t let it defeat you. Keep writing.
- If it’s about fame and fortune, reassess now. The chance of getting rich off your writing and gaining celebrity status is as high as winning big on the lottery. It’s possible, but it’s not likely, so don’t bank all your hopes on that.
- It’s better to be a slave to your story than your story a slave to you. Think about that one.
- Exercise sharpens the mind and makes a better writer. No matter how much I resist this one, it’s true.
- No matter how much time you have to write, it’s never enough. Consequently, it’s better to have less time because you’ll be less likely to squander it.
- Everyone has a right to be heard. Your voice is just as valid as someone else’s. So keep writing. (lol, maybe I should rename my blog to “Just Keep Writing”)
And now to pass on the award (no particular order):
Amanda @ All that Good Jazz
Jennifer @ Unedited
Mary @ Wistful Nebulae
Victoria @ Hairnets and Hopes
Erinn @ Something Else to Distract Me
Terri @ Terri Tiffany Inspiration Writer